With IBISUN and by carrying out small actions we contribute to keeping posidonia alive.
Do you wonder why the waters of Ibiza and Formentera are so clear? The answer is the Oceanic posidonia. But what is the posidonia?
It is an endemic plant of the Mediterranean Sea that is not found in any other sea in the world.
Correct, you read it right, it is a plant and not an algae. It has roots, stems, leaves, fruits and flowers.
It is a marine forest that contributes to the filtration of CO2, oxygenating the sea water and keeping it transparent. More than 400 species of marine plants and 1,000 species of marine animals reproduce and feed in posidonia.
Since 1999, the “Parc Natural de Ses Salines d’Eivissa i Formentera” has been declared a World Heritage Site.
Unfortunately, the posidonia could be in danger of extinction due to marine pollution from swimmers and boats.
Don’t worry, this can still be solved. With these small actions you can contribute to preserve the posidonia:
– Do not leave waste on the beach. Pick up the rubbish and throw it in the nearest bin. The beach was clean when you arrived, leave it as it was.
– Use physical filters for sun protection instead of chemical filters. The solution is IBISUN.
– Don’t waste hotel water on your visit to Ibiza.
– Recycle it in its corresponding container.
– Do not anchor where there is posidonia. Download Posidonia Maps to find out where to anchor without putting posidonia at risk.
How is IBISUN committed to the environment?
With the composition of our products, we preserve the marine flora and fauna, reducing the environmental footprint as the sunscreen is composed of biodegradable filters and natural ingredients.
In addition, we will contribute part of our profits to projects aimed at the conservation of the posidonia.
Every small action we take can make a difference.